Monday, November 1, 2021

could these stars really be aligning

 Within 24 hours I received an acceptable quote for roofing AND an acceptable quote for everything else.  Well, after I remove $7,000 of that work which I'll do myself for much less.  But all the rest is good. The roofers added every single one of my demands, and as soon as I give them a large check we'll be waiting for my special shingles to come in.  (They're not really special, they're just the lightest colored GAF HDZ, warrantied to 130 mph or more, since I got them to agree to six nails per every shingle.) 

Hopefully my windows will be fixed soon and the days of water running inside my house will be over, and rotted fascia replaced.  And then my roof.  And then my ceilings and everything else.  And then I'll get the house painted, and then gutters.  And it will be so delightful, especially once I get the yard done.  I will be coming home to a peaceful place that I enjoy, rather than a ragged ugliest house in town that needs so much work it's really embarrassing to let anybody see and really drags me down every damn day.  Oh, and then I can finally decorate.  Rugs.  Storage.  Maybe a new couch that doesn't smell like cat urine? Fix the window screens that are very very tattered and make the house look haunted.

Oh fuck, of course I just got a spoon stuck in my garbage disposal.  Because it's always something for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment