Monday, November 1, 2021

hella leftover proud

 This morning I got up early enough to make a frittata for breakfast with leftover pasta and cabbage and yard eggs.  Good protein to start the day (and share with the dog) and I always like getting vegetables with breakfast.  Especially important as I have to skip lunch today.  First time I'm making a single serving frittata and it's pretty great (would be enough for two with side dishes). 

And then I also took the fish that I cooked yesterday (overcooked, as usual) and mixed it up with oats and egg and dill and milk to make fish cakes.  They'll be ready to fry up when I get home.  I'll eat them with the leftover squash wild rice salad I made yesterday.  Boom.

Life is so good when I have the energy to more than survive at a very basic level.  My health issues make me unable to move so often that when I'm not suffering a flareup I have to fully enjoy it.

OK off to work.  Hopefully it's a good day.  Then I may buy a bike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment