Wednesday, November 3, 2021

burning pocket holes

 I remember hearing the saying "money burns a hole in his pocket" and visualizing it to make sense of it.

And now I feel like I'm living it.  Not feeling completely broke, I'm buying things I've been wanting for ages.  Finally found a bike I like ok for commuting, did a test ride last week and it was ok, negotiated with sales manager for a good price for me for shipping in a color I like better ... today I go in and turns out they already have it in that color in the storage.  NOt sure why two guys couldn't find it, but they couldn't, which is good news for me because it's a little cheaper and much faster.  So I'll get it today hopefully.  This is the kind of thing I'd get used but bikes here are always rusty unless they're expensive, and paying for a tune up and repairs adds up fast since I don't do it all for myself anymore.  Getting a new bike with free tuneup for a year for $380 is a pretty good deal.  Just need to get a helmet that is ponytail friendly.

And I think I finally have a phone to get.  My screen is shattered and anytime I try to use it for phone I'm sure I get glass in my ear.  Good sales at Best Buy can get me a good phone for $170.  Again, i would like used but there are quality concerns buying from a random online seller.  

Hopefully the raise comes through soon, but the person in charge of that is not motivated.  She doesn't understand the importance of what I do and how I do it so well and she's too focused on her own personal gain. 

OK, I need to get repairs nailed down.  Then when that's all done I can actually move in. Rugs.  Cupboards.  Hang the clock on the wall, get the new light fixture up, put away all the repair supplies.  Everything will be so much better when I dont' feel like I'm living in a construction zone and when water isn't running into my house. 

Living takes money and there are limits to my frugality when it impacts quality of life.  

1 comment:

  1. re: used phones - I got my last phone on www.swappa.com - I had a perfect transaction, but had the reassurance that there was a middleman guaranteeing that what I got was what was advertised.

    ReplyDelete