Ok, so I *really* need to stop weeding. I'm pretty sure I'm pulling up things that I planted. I don't really remember where all I plant things, and I don't recognize all of the weeds here. And those two things would not be a problem EXCEPT that I'm very very thorough. So, I need to stop for awhile. To be fair to myself, I do recognize a number of things popping up, but not everything. So, stop.
I have picking energy - like the energy I get to get things done. I love this energy. My kitchen is the cleanest it's been in ages, everything put away. I just ran dishwater for three items, which I rarely do. but fuck yeah I want things clean, and I don't want to sit around watching TV.
Getting money to the godson is a massive pain in my ass. Yesterday I went to his bank and my check was still rejected after waiting there forever with a very annoying person. I think that once I confirm the check is actually rejected, that I'll try a wire transfer. His mother said she'd just drive down and get a check, but she's sick. HE needs to step up and figure things out. Don't make us elderly ladies do it for you, kid.
One of my ride-or-dies just won a National Merit Scholarship - I'm so proud of her! Her mother is wicked smart (engineer from MIT) so it's no surprise, but it's still fantastic. She's such her own person and always has been.
**
My bulk food purchases today were oats, corn starch (I use it with tofu mostly), and two types of lentils. And plantain chips. I think I've figured out my Wednesday treat - a small container of bulk plantain chips. Definitely satisfied that junk food craving for only 50 cents and better ingredients. and I noticed some other flaked grains like rye that I can use to make musli.
And now I'm making the filling for sweet potato white bean chipotle whole wheat burritos. they are So. Good, and freeze so well for meals later, and the tortillas and chipotles were on sale. don't know if I'll have the oomph to roll the burritos after all the chopping and cooking and then cooling, because the cooling will take a long time, but if not today then tomorrow. I made a very big batch so it's kind of a lot. 20 large burritos to be frozen should last me quite some time.
And I went to the library to pick up another book, and I swung by the used bookstore and got two books - one a MOosewood cookbook I used to enjoy at a friend's house, the other a book about berries. Very soon it will be berry season. I love berries. Both for $5. I'll pass them along when done with them. Maybe it is time for me to start turning to cookbooks again - I seek recipes on-line for things I already have or are craving, but cookbooks may provide more inspiration. I still would like to take cooking classes, especially for vegan food. Tonight I rescued an onion and a sweet potato that were molding - I could look at it as wasteful that I've had them so long that they're going bad, but I will think of it instead as using them just in time, cutting out the bad parts.
Take a look at "Angies recipes" blog. She has many recipes you may be interested in. Some plant based, lots of grains, and some you may have eaten in other countries.
ReplyDelete