Sunday, December 1, 2024

cohousing

 I liked this article on NPR as I've been thinking quite a lot about cohousing.  While I very much like my privacy and the accompanying ability to walk around in various states of undress, and I love digging in the ground and making things grow in ample yard, I know that this single family housing is not the end goal for me.  I want to live in a community.  

Plus, as I dug into the profiled one it made me realize some other things, like cost benefits.  If I were to move into a community like that, I would be able to retire earlier.  I would also likely be able to stay in the same place longer and not have to think forward to moving into a retirement community.  Things about a 55+ community are appealing, but I also like being around kids and youth and the chaos they bring as systems disrupters.  

I don't want a quiet retirement - I want to stop working such demanding jobs but I still want to be engaged in the world, not sit on a rocking chair all day.   

Anyway, the sun has come out again, so I'm going to turn off the tomato sauce while I go outside to do some weed pulling.  Months from now, I'll be glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment