Well, the Fitbit isn't at all accurate. It says I slept about 7.5 hours last night; it was maybe two hours - tops. I couldn't sleep until I'm certain after 3:30 and likely ]later.
and it says I burn heaps of calories because my heartrate is high. Why is my heartrate high? Because I'm sedentary and stressed AF because of my job.
I was in my "target heart zone" for 437 minutes today. I did walk to my car a few times, but that's all the exercise. My Fitbit thinks I was exercising. I so was not.
My boss has crossed some lines and I'm going to have to respond, and I may go nuclear. I haven't quite decided, but I am done with this shit.
I"m done with her nonsense, not with the job. Because I need the fucking job to pay my bills. Even when it is literally killing me. One of her crazy things today is some toxic positivity that we are not allowed to show that we're stressed even when we are because it might affect people negatively. EXCUSE ME. She wasn't even talking about not openly complaining at work, not showing it to clients - she was saying we have to hide it from coworkers when we're stressed in a stressful environment. That is some bullshit right there. I'm not talking about tantruming, I'm talking about politely asking people to finish their parts of projects to meet deadlines. Polite isn't enough. Only some Stepford Wives shit will satisfy her.
I am astounded she could even convince herself that kind of bullshit was appropriate to say. I've heard her say some other things that were alarming in groups - like that we are supposed to accept when we are told to violate ethical rules - that showed she was drifting from reality. So I'm about to bring her back to it.
Of course the worry is that I would lose my job. And while that will be ok in the future, it's not so long as my dog is still among the living. Of course worst case scenario, I could move back in with Friend and suffer her tyranny of constant TV and 7:30 pm bedtimes. I could get a job as a barista. I could live. I just really don't want to fucking move again with my dog. Talk about stress!
I’m so sorry to hear about the stress you are experiencing. Having worked in the corporate world for many years, I get it. It’s soul sucking.
ReplyDeleteIt is really awful. So looking forward to not doing this someday!
Delete