Sunday, December 8, 2024

Sunday morning

Finally got the rowing machine assembled and it takes up more space than I'd anticipated somehow.  I'm going to have to move it and the question is where.  It needs to be somewhere that I want to be in, where there is not a barrier to me spending the time in there.  I wanted it in front of the TV but not sure I can do that - but I can put a table with laptop on it.

This ad has been popping up for the Calm app, and it's startling how one of the sounds has such a calming impact by hearing for just 30 seconds or less.  Maybe I want to pay for that app to hear water sounds while rowing.  I've rowed on the water a few times, always in warmer climates, both kayaking alone and dragonboat/canoeing.  Not much, but a bit, and I have enjoyable memories.  

I also do want to do more with flexibility.  And of course I need to add strength training.  I have to take it slow step by slow step or I'll get overwhelmed.

I am very overwhelmed right now with work, but hopefully in a week and a half I'll have a calmer time - just in time for the chaos of strangers ripping apart my house.  I'll be soooo happy to be on the other side of that.  I think I have everything lined up - the insulation people will come just before the end of the year so the tax credit can be this year.  I still need to accept and pay deposit for countertops, but I've been contemplating this for months and I need to just pull the trigger - I have concerns about my lack of interior design skill and I don't want to pay thousands of dollars on renovations with bad style choices, like the quartz countertops.  But I think it's fine and I just need to go with it.  And I already got the three quotes and am going with the least expensive one that is also highly recommended by a colleague and on-line reviews.  I've done the legwork, I just need to pull the trigger.  I still need to choose bathroom color but I think I've got everything else sitting in my garage.  I even bought a new kitchen sink in case I cannot remove the current one without harming it; if I am able to remove without damage then I can return what I bought.  

This will be a busy work day and I need to do some more meal prep.  Oh, it's Sunday, weight day.  Looks like scale says I lost 1.4 pounds the past week.  That's a nice move past a plateau. 

No comments:

Post a Comment