Sunday, December 22, 2024

+1.0

 Scale says I gained a pound over the past week.  This is disheartening because while I was not 100% compliant with the rules, my infractions were relatively minor.  Over the week, it was chicken chow mein one night when I was super hungry, a mini macaron, and a small panettone with less than 23 grams of sugar.  A few days I ate quite little as I wasn't very hungry.  I know my Fitbit isn't accurate with calorie burning, and I wasn't totally compliant with calorie tracking, but based on what I did do, I should have loss, according to the math of normie humans and not someone with a thyroid with a mind of its own. 

So, it is disheartening because I would like to lose about 30 more pounds, and then I would like to stabilize and sometimes eat out and sometimes eat desserts.  It is really limiting to be this restrictive, and while I can do it a while longer, it is not something that I will be successful at if I try to make it forever.  

Maybe it's just a bad week; maybe I'm holding onto a heap of sodium still from eating out.  Who knows.  

But - on Monday I'm getting a glucose monitor and I had planned to spend the time of that monitor eating some foods I currently don't, as a way to track glucose spikes in the real world.  I think the monitor is just for ten days, so how much trouble can I get into with just ten days?  Unfortunately, a fair amount.  I anticipate a weight spike for the next two weeks.  But then my experimentation will be done and I can buckle down again.   

We had a longer than usual walk this morning as there were no stressers at our walk place (though about a million dogs on the way there and back for her to freak out about), and it wasn't raining yet.  So, good start to the day. Now I need to change clothes and paint the kitchen repairs (and other spots).   Then wait about five hours and do it again.  So excited to be almost finished with this step.  When I can move my fridge back, I'll take inventory of the freezer contents to prioritize using things up.  I have some frozen cabbage and greens to use up, so that's on the list.  I took out a jar of pizza sauce that I'd frozen as it didn't seal when canned, and just picked up some pizza dough and took some cheese out of the freezer, so that will happen sooner than later. 

My sourdough is rising super slowly, which is unusual.  But hopefully it will work and I can get bread baking later.

There is a market within walking distance that I may stroll through.  I went when it first opened and was underwhelmed, but I'll try again to see if quality has improved.  There is an artist I saw at one of these things with really great work, but I haven't found him again and I'd like to buy something from him.

I'm reworking woodshed plans to allow for a clear roof with overhang, and I haven't quite figured out the roof framing yet.  These things occupy my brain. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment