Monday, November 25, 2024

the hound

I have been sitting on the couch a lot.  A lot of working there, watching TV, etc.  Probably too much, because the dog feels entitled to couch snuggle time every evening apparently.  

Today I was putting away a clothesbasket of laundry I'd forgotten to do over the weekend, and she came in, following me at every step, and when I turned to look at her she looks so woeful.  I quickly finished the task and went back to the couch, and she was happy again.  Then she fell into a deep sleep and entertained me with her running and barking as she dreamed.  It seemed a happy dream. 

She can be so sweet and entertaining.  I know she will not live forever, and for all the stress she creates and how liberating it will be after, I will also miss her tremendously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment