Someone in the neighborhood was giving away a puzzle and I went to snag it. A lovely 500 piece puzzle, brand new even. I have a large table a friend gave me and I laid it out and ... I stayed up way too late working on it. I thought the internet was making me stay up late, but even as a Luddite I find it hard to go to bed these days.
Timing was good because I was kicked off FAcebook for excoriating a homophobe. IT's never the time, but now is REALLY not the time, to show any kind of hate. Fuck them, fuck Facebook.
Of course I use Facebook all the time, as a middle-aged lady does. So a break is fine.
NObody told me, when I was young and drunk and fucking around, that I would grow old and find such pleasure in a cool evening with a jigsaw and a cup of cocoa and Joan Armatrading. But I do. At least as much pleasure as I found in the activities of my youth.
My neighbor asked if I'm under contract on my house and I said no, I guess we need to lower the price. He said, "Well, if you don't have to, stay firm." I confessed I'm feeling very ambivalent about leaving the house and New Orleans, and offered him a banana pup.
I'm turning into a banana. I shared quite a lot but I've got a lot left. They are right at ripe. Tomorrow I'll have 30 perfectly ripe bananas. I'll eat a heap, freeze some, and keep eating and let others get more ripe so I can make banana bread and such. They're so tasty, I love them.
My coworkers are funny. There is a young man who is quite squirrelly and I keep my distance, but today we ended up in a room together and was the most inquisitive person and wanted to know everything about what I do. I'm making new relationships, though I still miss the people who left.
No update on the window situation, and I'm working hard to show I'm indispensable and they don't want to force me to leave. And I strut past the bully, and I crack jokes, and I pretend she's not the worst mean girl I've seen since 7th grade. And the swagger is definitely a "you come for the king, you better not miss." Because I no longer need to pretend that she is anything other than an incompetent bully with ethics issues. She thought she checkmated me and I just pushed her ass off the board. Fuck around and find out, you bully. I may be white but I am not a fragile weak flower you can push around. It's always funny when people realize that about me. My BFF wants me to wear a shirt that says "Go ahead, underestimate me. I dare you."
The coworker that I'm supposed to work with is a complete idiot and she's lazy and she is rarely at work. I have no idea what kind of special treatment she's got, but I'm going to really push back when her work keeps landing on me. I've got the long game teed up.
Fuck around y'all. You will find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment