Wednesday, November 16, 2022

oh, this garden

 I just harvested about 30 pounds of bananas and I am over the moon excited.  I figured out how to do it without help and I didn't do too much damage with dropping.  We ate a couple and they are super tasty!  

I will share and I will eat and I will freeze and I will get bananad out.  I'm so delighted!

And so they are on my counter with sweet potatoes that I harvested.  The garden is overflowing with so many different greens and I think I'll start making grits and greens again.  Going to get the Tillamook cheddar because it's the best to put in those grits.  And I still have okra in the freezer and pickled in jars.  Also pickled carrots and jalapenos, and I'm still eating loquat jam though the blooms are so wonderfully fragrant now again already.

This garden, I just can't even express how grateful I am for it.  The abundance has kept my food bill significantly below what it was seven years ago before I moved in here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment