Tuesday, January 11, 2022

food fun with friends

 I have a new-ish coworker that I quite enjoy.  She's a tough as nails military veteran sort of type, very bright and no nonsense and cares. Today we got to talking and it turns out that we have mutual friends, including one that she's gotten plant medicine from - which I made and shared with him.  So we cut out the middle man and I brought her bottles of elderberry concentrate and bidens alba oxymel, and when I asked her if she wanted things from my garden she heartily agreed.  She deals with chronic pain and seeks relief in plants. 

I'm so excited! I like making and sharing!  I like talking about not work things with people.  I'll have her come over and help me dig up however much turmeric she wants and see what else I have that she wants to eat.  I want to plant new things in my garden beds this weekend so it's a good time to clear out a bunch of greens.  Eating turnips with greens tonight.  Plan to make a beet-potato salad soon.  Need to deal with the daikon monsters that produced waaaay earlier than the cabbage I'd wanted to ferment them with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment