Wednesday, November 10, 2021

the healer

 I braved traffic to go to a part of town I never do anymore.  I sat waiting, as I always have to, wondering if I could find a chiropractor over on my side of town.

But then I remembered that she's not just a chiropractor.  She's a fucking magician. 

I found her when I was in grad school, so about 15 years ago, and I've referred countless people to her.  We hardly talk.  I almost immediately stand up with my back to her and she touches me in a few places.  She immediately knows what is wrong and what is needed.  I lie on the table and she makes adjustments.  She says a little, just so that I understand.

Today, it's months of shoulder pain.  I wasn't able to attach bras for months.  It hurts to pet my dog, to open a door.  "It's the muscle.  That's easy for me," she said, as though upset that I wasn't challenging enough.  So I said it's also my feet, that I wore boots with ice spikes even though they hurt the tops of my feet.  "Contusion. We have to get those tissues reworking."

I like her answer better than "bone spurs and arthritis and nerve damage" from yesterday.  I've always like her answers because I know she's always right

After adjustment, we went to another room where she hooked me up with stim to activate tissues.  She said, "You know, I remember you."  I'm startled because she sees thousands of people and we never talk.  

I'll be back in a week.  Maybe another time after that because I'll see if she can help my hand pain, too.  

Her power is enormous

No comments:

Post a Comment