Friday, November 5, 2021

five week nightmares

 Was texting with a pal last night about Ida and I realized the nightmares haven't come for me in a minute.  It was about five weeks of regular nightmares that would jolt me awake to rush out to stop water from pouring into my house again.  But now that's over.  Until the next time.  Or for a recurrence.  This is good to know because it felt like it would never end.  

I contracted to get my roof done.  They think they can do it as soon as next week.  I need to follow up again with the carpenter for the interior work and then with the painter, and focus on the things that I have to personally.  My helpful midwestern friend is coming into town next week so maybe we'll get some things done.  I see more spots in the back fence where the dog has broken the rotted wood - she likes to bodyslam it and watch it sliver.  I can't blame her. 

It's Friday and this week has been intense.  There is a lot on my plate at work.  I stayed late yesterday to finish something but I need to not fall into that trap.  

A nice weekend is ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment