Seriously, this roofing salesguy is the best salesperson ever. He just really sticks with me.
He called today with options other than what I want for shingle color. I really want a light shingle to help with summer heat; they aren't available anywhere. So he offers some shade darker greys and browns. Definitely not brown because I'll be painting my house sea salt and gray, but ... do I let go of what I want for shingle color? He says we can keep waiting if I want to. I am also eager and who knows if and when these shingles will exist again.
This isn't my forever house. I need to keep repeating that because the workers are making me crazy. Things like not priming replacement window trim. Not being careful around my brand new washing machine. Not being finished already. Writing on the windows. Not using the right caulk. Not being ready to do what we'd arranged and I left work early to do. And so on and so on.
And now I get to the point of I'll just fix the things I can do myself. I can build a new gate. I can repair the door. I can repair my fence. I can paint three rooms. BUT I DON'T WANT TO. I want somebody else to do all the things. I work full-time and am trying to not be consumed with work. I need a break from all the things. But I do not have confidence in these guys, especially not to make anything that i want to look nice.
I have one more recommendation to try, a husband-wife couple. They're not licensed so I didn't use them for the main stuff, but I might turn to them.
The dog is doing remarkably well, being trapped inside all day while people pound on her windows. We had a very bad day Saturday, and she's been sucking up to me ever since. She can be the perfect dog when she sets her mind to it, which is nice. So, maybe two more days of these guys stressing me out, and then the roof sometime soon for maybe two days of keeping her trapped inside, and then a heap of interior work, which I have not worked out yet. Keep her locked in a bedroom for a week? Sheesh. This sucks. And she's such an intense beast, I may live a little in fear of her moods. And then painting, which can be three weeks, requiring access to backyard. And gutters more of same. Not sure how we'll get through all this.
Because there's always more, right? Damage to the metal roof on the garage was found today, and I'll need someone to replace those sheets. Fuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment