Thursday, October 28, 2021

not an easy place to live

 I am so tired of trying to reach the insurance company to correct their estimate.  My windows are going to be wicked expensive to repair.  I just talked again to a carpenter who told me he costs 30 times more than I make.  I have to work a whole week for one of his company's hours (two guys).  Look, I'm willing to pay a premium to get things done, but ... that's kind of insane.  And it's so hard to find somebody good.  

I'm so tired of trying to get the water company to fix the damage to my yard and driveway that was done eight months ago.  

I'm so tired of trying to find a roofing company that will actually put on a roof to last more than a few years.  

I'm so tired of the constant threat of violence.  I'm tired of the constant road construction that never gets fixed.  

I think Ida may have been my final straw.  There is nothing really holding me here, just a comfortable familiarity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment