Thursday, August 5, 2021

no patience

 I'm trying to be patient about my new job, I really am.  But I'm pretty frustrated. I've already spent like 15 hours unpaid labor on the hoops that this job has - absolutely ridiculous amount of hoops.  I'm not trying to work for the NSA here.  They made me drive hours to another town to be in a room for hours with unmasked people coughing worryingly.  And having to keep going back, filling out more forms.  A drug test even before I'm formally offered the job.  It's been ridiculous.  It feels like they think they own me before I'm even their employee, which is a big red flag.  

And the pay and benefits aren't great.  Like, there shouldn't be this much drama for that little.  They are demanding information like if I've ever had gonorrhea.  What the hell?  I haven't but that's none of their goddamn business.  I'm not applying to be a sex worker, and even if I were - gonorrhea is totally treatable so it wouldn't even matter if it were in my past, right?  All that would matter is if I currently have it. 

What makes this more difficult is the HR person is doing things like being in a small enclosed space with me WITHOUT A MASK.  And she got annoyed with me for not returning things to her - BECAUSE SHE HAD EMAILED THE WRONG FORMS TO THE WRONG PERSON.  Like, the two layers of wrong are concerning.  Is she emailing my personal information to random other people?

 Siiiiiighhhhh 



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yup, I feel that. I did almost say nope, but ... there are some quite significant advantages to me (most of which they don't even know about being advantages to me), if I can stick it out a year or two and then hopefully on to something else. And then hopefully on to not being a wage slave after that. But first I have to take care of a few things, like my $280,000 student loan debt (it was about $150K when I graduated 12 years ago and I have made payments every month, but it has still almost doubled, so that needs to go permanently away as a very high priority).

      Delete