Like most days, I wake up feeling just so doggone lucky.
My house is a work in progress, but it's mine and if I were to focus on paying it off I could probably do so in a few years. I think I'm going to put the whole big curbstrip in native plants and get certification with a sign to show off about it (to be educational). I still don't know about the large area between house and sidewalk, but I just keep coming back to the idea of chickens. I just really like them and the ecosystem they provide. I do have a person building house nextdoor right now and she has not been friendly or reached out in any way, so I don't know if she would report me for it; I don't want them in my backyard because that's the dog's domain (and she will kill them if given the chance), and I don't want to spend a ton of money getting set up with coop and such to be told that I have to get rid of them. So ... yeah. My biggest concern right now is if I can have a farm in my front yard? I'm feeling pretty damn lucky.
My body has a lot of physical limitations, yet I'm still able to do so much. I'll keep painting and tinkering and gardening and making my space clean.
My dog is crazy pants yet so loyal and loving. She is so very sweet from time to time, and she would always protect me to the death without a moment's pause.
My job will not pay great, but how lucky I am to have been offered this position by people who very much want me. The shorter hours, the ability to bicycle there, the nice office - these things really matter. And I do look forward to having health insurance again - I sure do need new glasses and probably a new crown on a tooth.
I live a modest humble life and it makes me much happier than being house poor or driving a fancy car. I love my 20-year-old pickup with all its dents, and I love the quirks of living. I love that right now I'm going to go do laundry in a washing machine that was just repaired and hang it on the line. These little things we take for granted but you can't do them everywhere.
And I'm so very grateful for all my friends. Even if I'm waiting for my latest covid test and going back on lockdown.
OK, time to dig into this humble life. Nearly finished with bedroom painting; need to get it done and move on to the next project.
It's a Saturday and I'm feeling so very lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment