Does anyone else struggle with basic business things? Like appointments and such?
Well, I opened a new bank account today (in person because on-line wasn't working) and I have to give myself a gold star for making that happen. Afterwards I somehow got a notice to return for some appointment and I was like, "Oh no. We are done and I will never see you again."
I've had the same credit union account since approximately 1989. But I also get other bank accounts when it makes sense. Like, I got a flyer in the mail offering me $800 to open a bank account at a bank right by my workplace. Um, yes. I can get free $800. That's a lot of money right there. Even the clerk was like, "Whoa, this is way better terms than I usually see." Yes, indeed. That's why I'm here. Let's get to it.
and I think that I may split my direct deposits so that spending cash goes there for bills, and saving money goes straight into a high-interest savings account. I've never done that before - I'm very disciplined about spending what to budget and moving to savings - but why not? I can. My payroll person is really great.
I just finished logging all my food for the day. Also a gold star. There was junk food for sure, like Costco pizza. I'm enjoying this little experiment with my glucose monitor, but I'm still holding back from going all out, and I'm looking forward to tightening up the diet again. My glucose stayed pretty level today, despite the alarm blaring twice in the night that my blood sugar was so low I would die. Spoiler: I did not die.
So, I'm pretty disappointed with the effect on my temperature post-insulation. If anything, it feels like it has more chilly drafts. So, that's disappointing. It feels like my heater is blowing cold air - it's not, but it feels like it. My expectations were probably too high - because I never turn my thermostat above 65, so what exactly was I expecting? But, at least I got some venting up to code.
I'm feeling bored with TV, so I've got a book out. The dog will not give me any space - wherever I go, she has to sit right beside me, which isn't the most comfortable. But she's snoring now, so I can curl up with the book and a blanket on the other couch. Maybe I'll make some tea.
Oof, if I could capture some of my youthful activities, that would be great. I used to do so many hobbies. And I don't want all again, but it would be nice for more to do in winter months when I'm not garden-focused.
It won't be long until I have to move out for renovations, so I'm not getting anything started until after that. And what do I want to do? I've started wearing again the big Icelandic sweater I knitted in 1994. I don't need another sweater. I used to crochet a lot but I don't care for how that looks. I used to quilt a lot but I sort of lost interest and the arthritis makes the needlework hard. I do have one or two more quilts to finish, though. I can do that when I'm back in the house. Anyway, to reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment