Sunday, December 1, 2024

more thoughts on Fitbit

 I've now also signed up on myfitnesspal to better track food intake.  We'll see how long I can keep focus.

Early thoughts - 

It's weird to me how Fitbit tracks exercise as a discrete activity.  So like, I have way more minutes for today in the target heartrange, I was active most of the day - but it doesn't count as "exercise" unless I specifically request tracking of something.  For me this is a hangup because I much prefer activity built into my day for a reason.  Is hauling mulch an exercise?  Not unless I request tracking, even though it's clear that I'm physically active when I'm doing it.

So that's weird for me.

Also, myfitnesspal doesn't track added sugars, just sugars.  So, while I was so proud of myself for making some super tasty muffins with no added sugars, the app only tracks the total sugar from the fruits, which makes it seem quite high; ditto for eating persimmons as snacks.  Yes, I understand that fruit is sugar, but ... the rule I'm following is limited added sugar because there is a difference between eating a whole piece of fruit and eating candy.  So I have to track that on my own.

It's good to be measuring things more closely, and so far it looks like I"m eating more fat and less protein than is desirable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment