Friday, November 29, 2024

first Fitbit notes

 Got the Fitbit about 24 hours ago, and I'm trying to get used to wearing something.  I'm not someone who ever wants to wear jewelry, so it's an adjustment.  

What is most fascinating right now is how I get way more steps than I anticipated.  I thought I had a sedentary life on the days I wasn't doing manual labor, so imagine my surprise that I'm nearly at 5,000 steps before 2 pm on a day where I just went to the office and a store and then home again. 

Office was weird - we have to be there but they don't want to pay us overtime so they try to rush us, which just stressed out my team member and made it take longer.  If they want to fight me for that extra half hour of pay, I'll take that fight.  We were there and working, so fuck you for the stress.  I'll probably not volunteer to work this holiday again, overtime pay be damned.  

Anyway, that makes me feel like less of a sedentary oaf than I thought I was.  

And it's fun to track my sleep cycles, and I will like to see the hours of sleep recorded so I can note any concerning trends.  I've definitely been struggling more lately with getting enough sleep so this will hold me accountable to improving that.

Mostly I just want to figure out how to unlink notifications from my phone and the like.  I don't need texts or Facebook Messenger on my fucking watch, thank you very much. 

Anyway, now my weekend begins early, with a little daylight left on this Friday, but it's fucking cold outside (in the 30s) so I may not do more than stroll around the yard a bit more.  I like to walk my yard; the dog and I pretend we have vast acreage and she checks it all.

I want to clean the house, maybe find a podcast I like and listen to that while I puzzle, roast some cauliflower for dinner, maybe make some carrot-apple muffins sweetened with date paste.  Oh, I need to work on my dishwasher - it stopped working yesterday and I was kind of freaked out so did a deep dive.  I think the issue was that I had a bowl on top of the sink drain that was blocking the air gap equivalent; at least I'm hoping that's all it was.  But I'm going to take everything out and clean the filters, etc.  It's a fancy Bosch dishwasher which should not be causing me difficulties, but it likes attention.  I don't mind giving it a little attention so long as I don't have to pay a repairperson.  Maybe I'll make potato leek soup - definitely the weather for it.  Brrrr  

So maybe it wasn't the end of the world to work a few hours to get paid some overtime.  I'm still annoyed, but getting off early is great too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment