I have two interviews this week for jobs back west.
Both are more suitable to my expertise and experience than my current job, in that they are much more challenging. I would be working a 40+ week again and have to dress like a fancy lady. (Not really a fancy lady, but considerably nicer than I've been dressing.)
Job 1 is in the town where my BFF lives, and we would live with her for awhile and she has a great backyard and she and Ziggy are simpatico. The job would require travel and being "on" a considerable amount. It's related to something I've done in the past and have a very good sense of even if some specifics would be different. It is difficult work and I would get burned out before too long but it would be ok for awhile.
Job 2 is near the town where my other BFF and godsons live, and even though she said we would live with her, we cannot. (Their backyard is not Catahooligan-proof, and I don't frankly trust the men in the house to interact appropriately with my dog - they would get annoyed and yell at her and she would escalate.) Housing is very expensive, and commuting is a pain in the ass. The job is VERY challenging, almost impossible, but also exciting to wedge into the little sliver of possibility. It's loosely related to an aspect of my last job that I liked a lot, and my critical mind and maternal manner could work really well. Or not. It is impossible but also extremely important, and there is public scrutiny.
I would probably take either job. They both pay pretty well, though obviously living for free vs. very expensive housing market is a consideration.
I don't know what my chances are for either job, but it's exciting that I got past the review process to interview stage.
I also have performance concerns due to my chronic pain and other health issues. I have had relatively cushy jobs for awhile (except my last job with the on-call demands and weekend work). I'm a little concerned with Job 2 that i was contacted on a Sunday to set up an interview. Why are their administrative staff having to work on the weekends? And she said they want to fill it as soon as possible. Possible is a little delayed when I'm thousands of miles away though I can probably jet pretty quickly. Even though I have accumulated so much stuff and am mid-projects. I have people I can pay to finish my projects, and I know how to power through all the moving shit. I've done it how many times before? So so many. I know who to contact for donations of furniture, I know where the dump is, I know at least in theory how to sell a bunch of stuff.
And yes, I would leave my house before it sells. We can bump down price and it'll sell eventually. I could ask my neighbor to park in my driveway sometimes, the realtor and a friend could check in on it and my neighbors pay attention so it wouldn't be just abandoned.
So, fingers crossed. LIfe could be moving forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment