I am really struggling with the heat. Summer heat started here in May - it's hotter and drier than usual. I look at the calendar and to know that it will likely be like this for at least four more months? Oof.
I know other places have it worse. I saw posts of 122 degrees Fahrenheit already recorded some places. Alaska having record setting heat. At least I have AC to hide in.
A friend from Georgia who usually handles the heat really well said when I stopped by recently that she moves slower in the heat. That makes sense. I just can't move at all without overheating. And I'm tired of all the sweating (dripping into my eyes), the sunscreen, the multiple showers or stink. The sun is so brutal to me and I cower from it. My yards are a lot of sunshine with little shade, and it's just rough. It doesn't help that I get a second wind at 10 pm to do things inside so then I wake up late and miss any cooler time.
It definitely feels hotter than before. When I moved here 16 years ago, in summer heat I was in long sleeves helping roof houses. That was such a lifetime ago and I feel so frail in comparison.
I just don't think i can lean into this heat anymore. Time to move north. Away from hurricanes, which have got my attention for sure this season.
No comments:
Post a Comment