Tuesday, December 14, 2021

micromanagement sucks

 Yesterday, a supervisor berated everyone for not being at their desks 15 minutes before EOB on a Friday.  I agree that wasn't a good look, but the way it exploded is ridiculous.  The micromanagement is extreme.

So today, nobody was early to work, and they usually are.  And neither that supervisor nor her superiors were at work on time.  They were 30 minutes to an hour and a half late.  

So I called her out.  She said, "My issue was that they didn't tell me that they were leaving early on Friday." "And did you tell them that you would be late today?  Because communication is a two-way street."  

She was unhappy with me.  Several people are.  Fuck that, who cares? Not me.

This is the weirdest workplace.  Nobody will communicate anything because information is power and they don't want to share.  It's so weird.

And the middle managers micromanage to give value to themselves.  They want everyone in their seats at specific times.  They don't understand quality work so they want seat time.  They are opposed to work from home because it exposes their lack of value.

I don't think I can last another year and a half.  Imma need to start looking for something remote as soon as I can.  I read a great article recently about how people who are accomplished and successful at work want remote work because they can excel anymore, and the micromanaging middle managers are the ones who do not want it because it exposes how unimportant they are.  

Nobody is micromanaging me right now, but they'll try to someday.  And I will chafe and buck.  Because fuck that.

No comments:

Post a Comment