Thursday, October 7, 2021

healthy as someone's horse

 Most of my lab tests have already come back and I'm overall in very good health. According to western medicine.  I know that doctor and other people look at me and think: "Wow, she's fat.  Clearly she's pre-diabetic and has high cholesterol and all that."

Well, suck it.  My A1C is exactly the same as 7 years and it's always been fine.  My cholesterol is  good.  Almost everything else.  There are things here and there but nothing very alarming, just a few things just outside the normal range, like indication of slight inflammation.

I never really expect western medicine to know what is wrong with me.  Acupuncture can help, which makes me think there's stagnant chi issues and I can face that with doing tai chi and such.  I don't have the financial resources to pursue alternative medicines again; we were visiting friends awhile back and they have a very expensive alkaline water attachment to their faucet in response to her having very acidic blood.  Another friend told me how very expensive it was and I was like "Sure, I've spent thousands trying to feel better."  People who haven't been through things like chronic pain have no idea.  It definitely makes me sympathetic to people who get addicted to pain relievers.  And my friend was like "What's wrong with you?" which made me realize people have no idea because it's not visible, and now I try to tell people more.

That should also be cushioned with I feel good right now.  I had a very bad day a week ago but it passed and I've been good for a week which is kind of a new record.  It makes facing post-Ida issues more manageable because it's overwhelming AF.  And I absolutely must dig into my dissertation proposal and do exams.  

The less stressful job helps.  It helps a lot.  I was trying to set up a meeting with people outside my organization and they suggested 8 am or 4 pm and I declined.  While I would of course work longer hours in an urgent matter, I'm sticking to 8:30-4 work hours whenever possible.  No bringing work home or any of that, not even my work cell phone because it gets so many spam calls.  I have to make this job the opposite of my last in terms of actually having off time, and so far it's working quite well.  But today needs to be a productive workday, as the past were distracted with medical appointments. 

The only test results I don't see yet are for HIV and other STDs.  I think I"m at quite low risk now but I'd like to see the results.  

The dog is in a weird mood, probably tired of being stuck in the house.  I'll try to take her for walks this weekend, when I have time to drive elsewhere.  Other exciting features of the weekend include dropping off heaps of recycling, getting some more native plants, hopefully getting all those beautiful plants in the ground (I'm still dealing with a mulch issue), making yogurt, canning burrito filling for convenience, house and yard cleaning (I'm almost cleared in front and it makes me quite sad because the pollinators and hummingbirds really loved those weeds, but now I'm to yanking out the gingers which will be fun and getting to the trash back there like a broken mirror and shingles), perhaps continuing  on the massive fencing project, and dissertation.  I absolutely must focus on that.  I'm so far behind it's not good.  And if I have to pay for another term, that's like $1500 that I don't want to pay.  I had everything all tight and then Ida fucked me up.  And cook some more fish.  That's the only thing I can think of being different with me feeling better is that I ate fish that a friend had given me.  I have two more pieces from him and then I have the cans of salmon and eating fish at least once a week is a good idea for me.  This I know.  

OK time to shower and head to work.  This is going to be a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment